Government of Alberta - Transportation

- Facility License Application -
  • Motor Vehicle Identification Number (MVID): this number can be found on the vehicle registration. If you cannot locate your MVID please call 780-427-8901 and speak with a Vehicle Inspection Program Licensing Analyst
  • Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate of Amalgamation (if you are a corporation)
  • AMVIC license*
  • The Facility Operating Manual
*IMPORTANT – An AMVIC licence is required by any facility completing inspections on vehicles not registered in the name of the facility. An AMVIC licence is not required for facilities inspecting motorcycles or trailers only. It is also not required for facilities located outside of Alberta (i.e. Northwest Territories or Saskatchewan (Lloydminster)).
More information about inspection technician application requirements can be found on our website at